Each year, nearly all of Maine’s credit unions participate in the Maine Credit Unions’ Campaign for Ending Hunger. Since 1990, the year that this collective effort began, Maine’s credit unions have raised and distributed more than $9.4 million to help end hunger in Maine.
- $832,332.62 raised in 2019 – a new record.
- 100% of all funds raised stay in Maine, and go directly to ending hunger.
- Largest, non-hunger organization-based, philanthropic fundraising effort to end hunger in Maine.
- 303 non-profit hunger-related organizations in the state supported in 2019!
- Signature social responsibility campaign for Maine’s credit unions.
The Maine Credit Unions’ Campaign for Ending Hunger is a 501(c)(3), which means all contributions are tax-deductible! 2020 marks the 30th year of the Campaign. For more information contact Tim Brooks at 800.442.6715, ext. 298 or Jen Burke at ext. 295.
2019 Campaign Highlights
- Over $20,000 in food donations were collected
- Our 18th Annual Ending Hunger Walking & Awareness Tour resulted in $10,500 being donated to hunger organizations statewide
- We held our 18th annual Portland Sea Dogs and Maine Credit Unions Food Drive to benefit Good Shepherd Food Bank
- Maine’s credit unions gave $457,000 to food pantries around the state and provided $132,800 to meal programs
- $68,612 donated to the Good Shepherd Food Bank
- School backpack programs received $47,900 from Maine credit unions and $27,500 to University programs
- Other programs supporting schools received $13,000
For More Information About Hunger in Maine, visit Campaign For Ending Hunger
You can make a tax-deductible contribution to the Campaign online at Campaign For Ending Hunger, or visit your local Maine Highlands FCU office, or mail a contribution to the address below. Make checks payable to:
Maine Credit Unions’ Campaign for Ending Hunger
c/o Maine Highlands FCU
PO Box 233
Dexter, ME 04930-0233
(Receipts provided per request)